Experience 2 adventures in 1 day in Cebu when you book this Badian Canyoneering and Whale Shark Encounter tour. This day tour gives you the two most popular adventures in Cebu, jumping off river canyons in Badian and swimming with the majestic whale sharks in Oslob. This package includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from Cebu City or Mactan and a service of a guide.
Your tour starts with an early morning pickup from your hotel for a three-hour travel to Barangay Tan-awan in Oslob, located in southern Cebu. Upon arrival, you will be briefed about the whale shark watching activity. You will also be served light snacks in the area.
After a short orientation, you will ride on paddle boats toward the viewing site. You can watch the whale sharks from the boat as they cruise gently through the waters, or you can go down into the water with your snorkeling gear to get a closer look.
Whale sharks, known as “butanding” in Filipino and “tuki” in the local dialect, are enormous but gentle giants. On average, these filter feeders can grow as large as a bus. However, they are perfectly harmless to humans. If you want to swim with them, make sure you follow the rules given by your guide.
After your Oslob whale shark watching, you will proceed to Badian for a unique Cebu adventure, canyoneering. The activity allows you to explore the canyons in the towns of Badian and Alegria, a fascinating 10-kilometer trail that will have you climbing, spelunking, rappelling, jumping, gliding down natural waterslides, and swimming!
You will be given a short orientation and instructions before you begin the trek. Throughout the trail, you will be accompanied by local guides who will help you along the way.
Badian canyoneering is not for the faint of heart. The trail has more than six jumping points, with the highest one being approximately 35 feet! The jumps are not mandatory, however, and if at any point you decide not to do it, your guide will take you through a different path that joins you to your group at the next stop.
The trail ends at the first level of the majestic Kawasan Falls, where you will be served lunch. You will then have some time to unwind after your challenging trek.
Satisfy your craving for adventure in Cebu's Badian and Oslob with this tour. Check availability by choosing a date.
1. Wear comfortable walking/aqua shoes
2. The tour includes 3-5 hours trekking over a 10-kilometer trail, jumping on 20-50 feet canyons, rappelling & swimming
3. Tour operator may cancel canyoneering activities in case of strong current and inclement weather condition
4. This tour is not suitable for PWD
5. All our guides speak English. For other languages, contact us for availability and rates
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS - Not all establishments accept credit or debit cards, and ATMs may be limited.
RULES WHILE VIEWING WHALE SHARKS IN OSLOB
1.All whale shark watchers must undergo orientation at the Briefing Center on the rules for interaction with whale sharks.
2. No feeding of whale sharks by unauthorized personnel.
3. Do not touch, ride, or chase a whale shark.
4. Do not restrict normal movement or behavior of the shark.
5. Do not use flash photography.
6. Do not create splash when entering the water.
7. Do not wear sunscreen if you are going to enter the water.
8. Motor boats are prohibited in the area. Only paddle boats are allowed.
9. Viewing is limited to 30 minutes.
10. Maintain a minimum distance of 5m from the head, 6m from the tail (this differs from the 2m from the head, and 5m from the tail stated in the ordinance).
Source: Badian Travel Information