Iloilo Cuisine Culinary Virtual Class by Chef Trisha Ocampo
Explore Iloilo’s signature dishes at home with Suyomano’s Chef Trisha with this virtual culinary class! Iloilo boasts a rich mix of history and culture as the “Queen City of the South.” With exquisite heritage sites, dazzling festivals, and Spanish colonial architecture, a trip to the “City of Love” (an allusion to its geographical location and its famously mild-mannered locals) is sure to enamor every visitor. Yet with all its winning qualities, the most captivating charm of Iloilo remains to be its refreshing local cuisine and signature dishes. Discover the wonderful world of Ilonggo cuisine and how the people of Iloilo have won over the hearts of Filipinos and non-Filipinos from around the world through food.
This class covers the stories of origin and rich variety of Iloilo’s cuisine and the role it plays in the vibrant culture of the region.
Chef Tricha is an alumna of the illustrious Le Cordon Bleu, a 120-year old culinary institution that has evolved from an iconic Parisian cooking school into a world-renowned network of the highest quality culinary education. For more than 10 years, Chef Trisha has been teaching Culinary Arts at the Center for Culinary Arts where she is an advocate of “Green Chefmanship”– an avante-garde course which explores the blend of environmental consciousness and culinary arts.
Other culinary classes available include Mindanao Cuisine and Kapampangan Cuisine both by Chef Trisha Ocampo.
Suyomano is an online learning platform that seeks to connect Filipinos all over the world to explore, discover, and experience the richness of the Filipino culture. Suyomano intends to bring forth the best that the Philippines has to offer so that the world can gain a better understanding of the country and its people. Suyomano is proud to be a global platform for promoting, celebrating, and preserving the Filipino language, culture, arts, and heritage.
What to bring
Good to know
Zoom link will be sent to your e-mail to access the class.
Just a few house rules during the class:
- Be online at least 5-15 minutes before the start time to get to know your instructor and fellow students.
- Please make sure to mute yourself during the launch unless the presenter opens the floor for comments.
- We would love to hear from you, and encourage you to take part in the class discussion.
- During lectures, please use the chat box for your questions. There will be enough time for class discussion and Q&A after the lecture part.
- We only ask for you to be respectful at all times.
- Please use your full name and make it as your Zoom profile name as we will only accept participants who have confirmed reservations.
- Do not share the zoom link and password to anyone else. We will only accept confirmed participants.
- Please choose an appropriate background.
- After every class, please submit your feedback to help us continue to improve with this link: https://forms.gle/tW4oTzHVtTC5PhwJ6
Please visit our site for more featured classes: www.Suyomano.com. For further inquiries and questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.