Witness the peaceful whale sharks in their natural habitat with this whale shark watching tour in Oslob, Cebu. This tour will bring you close to groups of whale sharks that regularly swim through the province, making it a perfect trip for animal lovers. The tour also includes hotel pick-up and drop-off, entrance fees, land and sea transfers, and service of a guide.
Your tropical excursion begins after your guide fetches you from your accommodation within Dumaguete City or Sibulan town. From there, you will drive down to the Sibulan pier. Here, your guide will park the van inside a large ferry that will take you to Liloan town.
After getting off the ferry, you will drive to barangay Tanawan, where the jump-off point for whale shark watching is. Once your guide has settled the registration and necessary fees, you will all board local paddle boats called a "banca." From the port, you will sail to a spot that whale sharks frequent.
Make sure to bring your camera along so you can take photos of these gentle giants from the safety of your boat. You will also have the option to swim with them for a unique experience. However, make sure to follow the safety instructions laid out by your guide, as tourists are not allowed to get too close to the whale sharks for the animals' safety.
Following your time with the whale sharks, you also have the option to go on an additional stop at Sumilon Island. Next, you will travel back to the port. There are many restaurants located here, and you are free to enjoy a delicious meal at any of them before returning to the van. Otherwise, you will drive directly back to the ferry bound for the Sibulan pier. When you arrive on the mainland, your guide will escort you to your hotel, marking the end of your day tour.
Experience a close encounter with gentle whale sharks in Oslob, Cebu, through this day tour. Check availability by choosing a date.
- Each guest must fill in a health declaration form prior to the tour, which will be emailed once the guest confirms the tour.
- First aid kit, hand sanitizer, alcohol, tissue paper, and trash bin are available inside the vehicle.
- Vehicles will be sanitized, including the driver, after every trip or tour.
- Mandatory wearing of facemasks and face shields during the tour, whether inside the vehicle or outside.
- Mandatory physical and social distancing of at least 1.5meter between individuals in all public spaces.
- Guests will be divided into groups of six (6) persons to comply with the maximum capacity of 8 persons per van.
- Guests may opt to hire a pump boat to go island hopping after the whale shark tour at their own account but make sure to come back to the ferry by 3 PM to not incur an extra charge of Php250.00 per exceeding hour.
- All our guides speak English.
- Not all establishments accept credit or debit cards, and ATMs may be limited.