Immerse in the heritage of the Philippines with this guided bamboo bicycle tour through Intramuros in Manila City. This package is perfect for travelers hoping to learn about the country's history in a limited amount of time. It also comes complete with an English-speaking guide, use of the bamboo bikes (called Bambikes), a free water refill, and a sweeper to ensure your safety are already included in the package.
Your tour through this culturally significant district begins as soon as you arrive at the Bambike headquarters in the Plaza San Luis Complex. Make sure to come early to have enough time to choose a bamboo bike of your liking, as each eco-friendly bike features unique designs.
When you're settled, you will first bike around Plaza San Luis. Named after an old town in Manila, the area is currently a cultural and commercial complex composed of several houses, each representing different eras of Filipino-Spanish architecture. Afterward, you will head to the Japanese cannon. It is notable for being the only one that survived the battles of World War II. You will next head to the beautiful Puerta Real Gardens, a space abundant with tropical greens and coconut palms.
Take a minute to bask in the view before heading off to the Puerta Del Parian. Built in 1593, this gate served as one of the earliest entrances of Intramuros and is still in use today. Next, you will head just outside the walls of Intramuros to reach the Aduana Building. This structure was used as a customs house back in 1935 and has gone through a lot before becoming into the ruins that it is today.
From there, you will travel to the historic Manila Cathedral, the first cathedral in the Philippines built in 1571. Finally, you will leave the cathedral's grand halls and continue onto Plaza de Roma. It is the center of Intramuros and was often used for community events in the Spanish era. After your time here, you will head back to the Bambike headquarters as your tour comes to a close.
Visit the best attractions in Intramuros on an eco-friendly bamboo bicycle through this guided tour. Check availability by choosing a date.
- Meals may be bought at the headquarter or in nearby areas.
- No age requirements but participants must need to know how to ride a bike.
- All guests must be physically healthy to ride a bike.
- The operator may cancel the tour in case of force majeure or unforeseen circumstances like weather conditions. In this case, you will be given the option to reschedule or request a full refund.
- No refund for no-show guests. All booking cancellations and changes must be made 24-hours in advance.
- For guest safety protection, the minimum health standard is strictly observed.
- Not all establishment accepts credit card, bring extra money in Philippine Peso currency.