Get a taste of Laguna's culture and delicious cuisines with this food and heritage day tour of San Pablo City. This experience is perfect for foodies as you will learn how to cook some of the province's best dishes. It also comes with travel insurance, land transfers to each attraction, morning and afternoon snacks, a tote, a sanitation kit, an apron, a kitchen hat, the fees for three cooking demos, and service of a guide. You can choose to avail of the Manila pick-up and drop-off as an add-on to this package.
Your tour kicks off when you meet with your designated guide at the ML Quezon Street City Subdivision inside San Pablo City. Once you're settled in the van, you will now head to Casa San Pablo, a cozy bed and breakfast where you will learn how to create some of Laguna's top recipes. First off is the Suman Cooking Demo. Suman is a rice cake dish in the Philippines typically made from glutinous rice and coconut milk. Each province in the country has its version of this Filipino dessert. As for Laguna, the locals create a version called Suman sa Lihiya, which uses lye water instead of coconut milk.
Once you've gotten the hang of suman making, you'll next learn how to whip up another Filipino dessert called Bukayo. This dish is traditionally made with strips or shredded parts of buko (young coconut) and sinuklob (melted sugarcane muscovado sugar). When cooking this dish, you will have to simmer the buko in a pot of water mixed with the sinuklob. Afterward, you can either eat them as is or roll them into small balls for a more chewy texture.
You will then set out on a heritage tour of San Pablo City. During this portion of the trip, you will visit top cultural sites like Sampaloc Lake, San Pablo Cathedral, San Pablo Plaza, and the San Pablo City Hall. Following this, you will resume honing your culinary skills at the Forest Wood Garden for your Pako (fiddlehead fern) and Tilapia Cooking Demo. The fern lends a sweet tone to the overall dish, which is typically grilled over coals. After cooking, you can taste the fruit of your labor as your dish will also serve as your lunch for the day.
Next, you will head back to Casa San Pablo to enjoy another round of suman for your afternoon snack before wrapping up the tour.
Discover San Pablo City's culture by immersing in its food and history through this day tour. Check availability by choosing a date.
- No minimum age requirement but children and senior citizens must be accompanied by an adult companion at all times.
- The operator may cancel the tour in case of force majeure or unforeseen circumstances like weather conditions. In this case, you will be given the option to reschedule or request a full refund.
- No refund for no-show guests. All changes must be made 24 hours before the scheduled tour. Only 50% will be refunded for cancellation after the 24-hour free cancellation period or on the day of the tour.
- For guest safety protection, the minimum health standard is strictly observed.
- Not all establishments accept credit cards.