Visit the landmarks and natural wonders of Oslob, a town south of Cebu City, with this day tour. This tour is perfect for animal lovers who want to see whale sharks in their natural habitat and explore the town’s nearby attractions. The package includes land and sea transfers, lunch, snacks, hotel pick-up and drop-off, necessary fees per attraction, and service of a guide.
Your tour will begin once your guide picks you up from your accommodation in Cebu City. You will then head straight to Oslob’s shore for the Whale Shark Encounter. Upon reaching the town, you will be treated to snacks while your guide settles the necessary paperwork.
A steward will join you when the boat is ready to take you to a spot frequented by whale sharks. You will then be given snorkeling gear so you can go underwater and get a better view of these gentle giants as they feed around the area.
You will then travel to Tumalog Falls. This cascade appears like a curtain as the water is always in contact with rocks as it descends. Aside from taking photos of this majestic sight, travelers may swim in the natural pool as well.
Your next stop is the stunning Sumilon Sandbar. Feel free to lounge on this stretch of white sand or dive in the nearby waters to see the marine life. Next, you will head back to Oslob and enjoy a delicious lunch complete with a round of soft drinks at a local restaurant.
Finally, you will go on a running tour around the town to visit cultural spots such as Baluarte, Cuartel, Boljoon Church, and Carcar Shoe Expo. You will also have enough time to snap some quick photos at each area before you are escorted back to your hotel.
Book this tour to visit Oslob’s top attractions and experience swimming with whale sharks. Check the availability by choosing a date.
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS - Not all establishments accept credit or debit cards, and ATMs may be limited.
RULES WHILE VIEWING WHALE SHARKS IN OSLOB
1.All whale shark watchers must undergo orientation at the Briefing Center on the rules for interaction with whale sharks.
2. No feeding of whale sharks by unauthorized personnel.
3. Do not touch, ride, or chase a whale shark.
4. Do not restrict normal movement or behavior of the shark.
5. Do not use flash photography.
6. Do not create splash when entering the water.
7. Do not wear sunscreen if you are going to enter the water.
8. Motor boats are prohibited in the area. Only paddle boats are allowed.
9. Viewing is limited to 30 minutes.
10. Maintain a minimum distance of 5m from the head, 6m from the tail (this differs from the 2m from the head, and 5m from the tail stated in the ordinance).
Source: Badian Travel Information