The San Joaquin Campo Santo is a Catholic cemetery in the town of San Joaquin in the province of Iloilo, Philippines. Mariano Vamba, an Augustinian priest, established the cemetery in 1892.
The National Museum of the Philippines designated it a National Cultural Treasure in December 2015, and a plaque indicating this status was placed at the site in August 2016. The park and the San Joaquin Church are collectively known as the "San Joaquin Church Complex and Campo Santo of San Joaquin, Iloilo."
In May 2015, the Department of Public Works and Highways announced proposals for a road expansion project that would involve a section of the cemetery's perimeter, but no part of the cemetery's walls were removed as a result of a city officials' petition to the transportation department. The digging of the pit was officially approved by the parish priest of San Joaquin and began as early as December 2015. The Jaro Archdiocese removed the parish priest who took a leave of absence.
By November 2016, the Archdiocese of Jaro had completed a reconstruction effort that included the filling of the pit with a suitable mixture of dirt, rocks, and cement, which was undertaken by the Archdiocese of Jaro through the appointed Parish Administrator delegated by the Archbishop.
This landmark is located in San Joaquin, Iloilo. It is 50 kilometers away from Iloilo City. In order to get here, ride a jeepney or cab going to this place.
The cemetery is open anytime of day.