The Pamintuan Mansion is considered as one of the biggest, elegant and most elaborately designed house in the whole of Angeles City. It stood the test of time. Its connection to the history of our country makes it an important piece of architecture. Nowadays, the house is no longer occupied by a resident for it now serves as a museum. The Pamintuan Mansion was named “Museo ng Kasaysayang Panlipunan ng Pilipinas” or the Museum of Philippine Social History. You can go through nine galleries that exhibits the different aspects of the “FIlipino Life”
The Mansion had many reincarnations, for it served many purposes for different groups and individuals. It was once the headquarters of General Antonio Luna in 1899; served as the Seat of the Philippine republic in May 1899; and was the site of the first anniversary celebration of the declaration of Philippine independence on 12 June 1899. It was also the headquarters of General MacArthur in November 1899. Occupied by Japanese Kamikaze pilots during the Second World War. The Pamintuans sold the mansion to Pedro Tablante in 1959 who leased the property to the local government. Further, the Central Bank of the Philippines used the mansion as a regional office from 1993 to 2009, and in 2010 the ownership was transferred National Historical Commission.
The History of the mansion is exhibited in the first gallery. On the second, various Philippine textiles, accessories, and weaving tools. Clothing styles of local fashion and culture can be seen in the third gallery. On the fourth one, scale models of traditional Filipino houses from across the country. Furniture of a 19th century, “bahay na bato” can be seen on the fifth gallery. Filipino musical compositions with individual listening facilities can be experienced in the sixth gallery. Traditional Filipino games, Philippine mythological creatures and traditional Filipino kitchen can be seen from the seventh to ninth gallery.