Explore the iconic Walled City of Intramuros in Manila City on eco-friendly bamboo bikes through this guided tour. This is best suited for history buffs who want to learn about the Philippines’ rich history while trying a new experience. An English-speaking guide, use of the bamboo bikes (called Bambikes), a free water refill, entrance fee to Fort Santiago, and a sweeper to ensure your safety are already included in the package.
Intramuros has stood the test of time since it was established during the Spanish era in the country. Now known as one of the oldest districts of Manila, it continuously hosts various events that honor the Philippines’ past achievements and struggles. On top of immersing in this cultural landmark, you will also be supporting the local craftsmen that created the bamboo bikes you will be riding through the area.
Your tour will begin once you arrive at the Bambike headquarters at the Plaza San Luis Complex. It is best to come early so you have the chance to pick out which bike you would like to use. Each bike is created with different designs, so feel free to state your preference. Once you’re all set, your guide and sweeper will lead you to the first stop of the tour, Plaza San Luis.
This cultural and commercial complex comprises a few houses that feature classic Spanish motifs that were used during the country’s colonial period. Next, you will make your way to a Japanese Cannon that survived World War II. Afterward, you will visit the beautiful Puerta Real Gardens that feature lush greeneries before continuing to the Puerta Del Parian, one of the eight gates of Intramuros.
This gate is notable for being the official entrance of the Governor-General in the 16th century. From there, you will bike to the Aduana Building, which has housed various government agencies since its construction. You will next travel to the famous Manila Cathedral, the first cathedral in the Philippines. During your time here, you will also stop by Plaza de Roma, a public square in front of the church that served as the venue for several events during the Spanish period.
Then, you will continue onto Fort Santiago, a 16-century fortification mainly used as a stronghold in times of war. Lastly, you will drop by the San Agustin Church, recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, before ending the tour.
Pedal your way around the historic city of Intramuros on a unique, eco-friendly bamboo bike in this guided tour. Check availability by choosing a date.
- Meals may be bought at the headquarter or in nearby areas.
- No age requirements but participants must need to know how to ride a bike.
- All guests must be physically healthy to ride a bike.
- The operator may cancel the tour in case of force majeure or unforeseen circumstances like weather conditions. In this case, you will be given the option to reschedule or request a full refund.
- No refund for no-show guests. All booking cancellations and changes must be made 24-hours in advance.
- For guest safety protection, the minimum health standard is strictly observed.
- Not all establishment accepts credit card, bring extra money in Philippine Peso currency.