Baguio Museum is an Ifugao-inspired building situated at the corner of Governor Park and Harrison Road. With a pyramid roof and two huge poles at the stair entrance, it resembles the traditional Ifugao hut that is normally elevated from the ground and supported by wooden posts. It was destroyed by a massive earthquake that hit the city in 1990, but the local government had it rebuilt after a decade to serve its original purpose especially to the frequent travelers of the summer capital; to promote the historical and cultural heritage of Cordillera and of the people living in Baguio City.
Reminiscing the history of Baguio City
Different displays can be seen on each floor of the museum. The main floor (2nd floor) is where various tribal artifacts and collections from the 6 provinces of Cordillera region can be seen, dating as far as 1950’s.
Meanwhile, the third floor is where scale maps, miniature models, and clippings regarding the history of the city are displayed. The first floor is reserved for special exhibits and events, and the fourth floor is amid a renovation.
From Park to Museum
Like any other museums, Baguio museum is open 9 am to 5 pm every Tuesdays to Sundays, with an entrance fee of P40. Guests can take a leisure walk in Sunshine Park right after visiting the museum, or those who commuted to Baguio from Manila can walk from the terminal to the museum right away.