See firsthand the beauty of Batanes with this full-day tour of Batan Island. If you’re looking to experience the highlights of the whole island in just one day, then this package is just what you need and more.
After being picked up from your accommodation, sit back and enjoy the view in comfort as you travel around the coastal winding roads of Batan Island.
Your first stop will be at the Vayang Rolling Hills. Offering vast green pastures overlooking the sea, this site is perfect for your photo-ops. Breathe in the cool sea breeze and soak in the view before you head over to the Naidi Lighthouse. The lighthouse proudly stands at a height of 66 feet, giving you an amazing vantage point of the whole town of Basco.
Some four kilometers from the lighthouse is the Valugan Boulder Beach, a long stretch of boulder-blanketed coastline formed after Mt. Iraya’s eruption in 400 AD. This rocky bay offers a view of the Pacific Ocean on one side and the active volcano on the other. You will then enjoy a stopover at the Dipnaysupuan Japanese Tunnel. Composed of volcanic rocks and cement, the tunnel served as the Japanese soldiers’ hideout during their occupation in the country in the 1940s.
From there, you’ll visit the quaint Mt. Carmel Chapel, a tiny church on a hill that’s sought-after for destination weddings. While in here, pray and contemplate before you proceed to your next destination, the PAGASA Tukon radar station. Sitting on top of a hill, the station provides visitors with a 360-degree view of Batan Island that goes as far out as the town proper of Basco and the fields of Mahatao.
You will see with more spectacular views at your next destination, the Fundacion Pacita Nature Lodge. The nature lodge was built on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean, making it one of the favorite view decks on the island. Another must-see viewpoint on Batan is the Rakuh-A-Payaman, one of the Batanes’ most iconic destinations. Popularly called “Marlboro Country”, this idyllic communal pastureland where cows and carabaos graze offers a view of rolling hills, a cove and, the wide-open sea framed by cliffsides.
From there, you will make your way to the Alapad Rock Formations, where you will be welcomed by its captivating view of natural rocks weathered by the elements. Pose for some photos here before heading to the Honesty Cafe. This shop has no attending staff, so visitors are expected to pay for their purchases honestly.
Less than a kilometer away from the cafe is the Tuhel Spanish Bridge that dates back to the 1800s. You will then end your day with a visit to the San Carlos Borromeo Church of Mahatao next. This Baroque-style church has been listed as a National Cultural Treasure of the Philippines.
Marvel at postcard-perfect views of the entire Batan Island in just one day with this hassle-free tour in Batanes. Check the booking availability by choosing a date.
- All our guides speak English.
- Sustainable Ecotourism Fee (PHP 350.00) and PAMB Fee (PHP 50.00) is only applicable one time while you are here in Batanes. If you purchase more than 1 package, kindly only purchase once.
- Reminder: there is a PHP 5,000.00 PAMB Fee for Drone Usage in the Islands and separate Fee of PHP 1,000.00 for Sabtang Island Drone Usage.
- There is a possibility of changes on timing for the tour depending on the weather condition like rearranging your itinerary, but this will be directly coordinated by the Tour Coordinator who will be assigned to you once you arrive in Batanes.
- Establishments do not accept credit cards, please bring enough cash with you unless it is possible for you to utilize the only available Automated Teller Machines in the capital town which is operated by the Landbank of the Philippines and Philippine National Bank.
- Batanes is a protected area for all landscapes and seascapes in order to preserve its natural wonders including endemic floras and faunas. Your assigned Tour Guide will brief you on the details.
- Locals are considered Indigenous People called Ivatans, respect for their culture is highly appreciated by wearing appropriate clothing when in public view.
- Sharing with us your flight details on your arrival and departure in Batanes Islands is a must so we can assist you better and orient you on the tour details.
- You may directly book your preferred accommodation or contact us so we can assist you on the reservations.