Get ready to explore Sabtang and its iconic attractions in this one day tour in Batanes. If you want to see spectacular views and learn about the culture and traditions of the Ivatans, this day trip is tailor-fit for you.
You will be picked up from your accommodation in Basco and taken to Ivana Port. From there, you will board a faluwa, a traditional boat without any outriggers, which will take you on an exciting ride to Sabtang Island. Once you get there, you will make your way to Morong Beach. This scenic white sand beach contains a natural unique rock arch formation, known as the Ahaw Arc Rock Formation, located right by the shore. Take plenty of creative photos with the arc as your backdrop before you head over to marvel at the stone houses in the village of Savidug.
Built to withstand the strongest of typhoons, the houses here are a testament to the Ivatan's strength and resilience. You will have a quick stroll around the village then head on to another fascinating village on the island, the Chavayan Village. This baranggay is also popular for its stone houses and the rustic church of Sta. Rosa de Lima Chapel, which also boasts of its cogon grass roofing. Another notable building in the village is the Sabtang Weavers Association, where you will buy handicrafts from the locals. You can also try out the vakul here, the traditional headgear of the Ivatans.
You will be capping off your tour with a visit to the Chamantad/Tinyan Viewpoint. This picture-perfect view deck will provide you with a panoramic vista of the rugged landscape of the island. To reach the viewpoint, you will take a short trek through the rolling hills towards the cliff that faces the open sea.
Immerse yourself in this culturally enriching island tour of Sabtang in Batanes. Check availability by choosing a date.
- All our guides speak English. For other languages, contact us for availability and rates.
- Sustainable Ecotourism Fee (PHP 350.00) and PAMB Fee (PHP 50.00) is only applicable one time while you are here in Batanes. If you purchase more than one tour package, kindly only pay this fee once.
- Reminder: There is a PHP 5,000.00 PAMB Fee for drone usage in the islands and a separate fee of PHP 1,000.00 for drone usage in Sabtang.
- Tour times may be changed depending on the weather. This will be directly coordinated by the Tour Coordinator who will be assigned to you once you arrive in Batanes.
- Establishments do not accept credit cards. Please bring enough cash with you unless it is possible for you to utilize the only available ATMs in Basco which is operated by the Landbank of the Philippines and Philippine National Bank.
- Batanes is a protected area for all landscapes and seascapes in order to preserve its natural wonders including endemic floras and faunas. Your assigned Tour Guide will brief you on the details.
- Locals are indigenous people called the Ivatans. Respect for their culture is highly appreciated by wearing appropriate clothing when in public view.
- Sharing with us your flight details on your arrival and departure in Batanes Islands is a must so we can assist you better and orient you on the tour details.